Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma

So it was my Grandma's birthday a few days ago, and I was the one who picked her up and brought her to my cousin's house for dinner. Normally this is a chore to drive "all the way to Grandma's" but this time it was fun! 78 years ago my Grandma wrote into the kids section of her newspaper asking if there was anyone who wanted a pen pal. Sure enough someone wrote in, a lady with the EXACT same birthday. They have written, sent gifts and pictures, and talked on the phone... but have never met. Her pen pal was from somewhere out East but now lives in the states somewhere. I can't believe they know eachother so well, but have never met! I want to write into Oprah to get them to finally meet!!

I love my Grandma! Anyway, that was a really random short post...

until next time!

1 comment:

Kandice Stewart said...

Dude you TOTALLY should write into Oprah -- that would be so cool for them! Doo itttt!