Monday, March 10, 2008

Walks in the Wilderness

So I have no idea how to use my new camera, but I thought I'd go take some pictures with my sisters on a walk on Saturday. Rachel kindly led us up the most icy, scary hill in Edworthy park i've ever seen. Sadly enough, she was the one wearing flip flops and could walk perfectly fine on the ice, and Libby and I in our runners were sliding on our butts to avoid wipeouts. Needless to say, Rachel wore the camera around her neck because for once I trusted her more than me!

Here are a few of the fun pictures. We went up to this ledge that is usually empty, but this time there were two guys and a girl and the guy was playing guitar. This resulted in two things, 1. It was rather awkard for my sisters to try pose and face these musicians, and 2. However it was really nice music. Luckily they weren't weird, or smoking anything or anything! (Ya never know what you might find in a forest right!)

We had fun to say the least!! But wow I have SO much more respect for Heather and other photographers because I would change settings over and over and the pictures never seemed to turn out how I wanted! But this was probably one of the first times I have ever used my camera, so I hope I will get better with time!


This first picture is of some falls that are frozen. It was really cool because the weather was warm and beautiful, yet these falls were frozen!



This was a cool pond we had to walk over, and all of the trees were sticking out of the ice. This ice was also completely solid, I almost don't think it will be melted by summer!




Alas, the view from Rachel's "Sanctuary" as she calls it. Driving down Shaganappi I love seeing the forest on the hill and river as I approach Memorial, but this time it was different being on the other side and facing the Children's Hospital.




This is a picture of Rachel and Libby on a log over the falls. It was unbelievably slippery standing on the ice. Rachel actually slid from the top all the way down about 100 feet until she stopped herself on a log. (Did I mention she is crazy?)




This picture cracks me up. Now that's a long way down if they fall!


Anyway, there are a few more pictures I wanted to add, but I will do that tonight if I have a chance. I love how no one even knows this blog exists yet, but I'm posting anyway! How funny!! Well I guess it is time for me to bid adieu! Take care everyone!

3 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

Great new blog lady! How come you don't have facebook anymore?

Nicole Breanne said...

It started out that I was spending way too much time on it. I had a couple commercials to edit, a bunch of portfolio stuff to do for schools, and audition videos for fellow dancers PLUS working full time. So I temporarily deactivated it, and realized how great it felt. Some guy actually came up to me DOWNTOWN and said he recognized me from his friends facebook, some friend who I didn't even know! Now that's weird! And also I feel like I know so much about hundreds of people I hardly keep in touch with, and they know so much about me from my pictures and stuff. Now I can keep people up to date on here, and just my close friends....

So facebook is gone, for now at least. If I log back in all of my stuff's still there so I might be back!!

P.S Thanks for commenting on my blog! Yay!

Kandice Stewart said...

yeah about freakin TIME you got blogging again! Glad I FINALLY discovered it! Can't wait to hear more updates!